Remember that when you send a message to a listserv, you are broadcasting to hundreds of people. Please conduct yourself on the listserv as you would in any business situation. Keep in mind that everything you write is emailed to the entire subscriber audience and stored on PSDA’s listserv archives. We ask that your behavior and speech be professional and that you observe the following etiquette and restrictions
- Use a signature file to help recipients identify and contact you.
- Do not type your messages in all capital letters.
- To prevent rejection notices, keep your email under 500 lines; do not include graphics or attachments, and send emails in plain text versus rich text or HTML.
- Send a message to the entire list only when it contains information that everyone can use. Send personal notes and respond to requests asking for private responses to specific individuals.
- State the specific topic of your message in the subject line of your email to allow members to respond more appropriately to your posting and make it easier to search the archives by subject.
Listservs are provided as a service of PSDA, which accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by others. PSDA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted, whether posted by PSDA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall PSDA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted to this list. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants PSDA the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material. PSDA does not actively monitor the list for inappropriate postings, and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to PSDA's attention, PSDA will take all appropriate action. PSDA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.