Using Your Brain to Win
Your brain is your most powerful competitive weapon –if you know how to use it properly.
The human brain is an amazing tool. Yet, many of its built-in thought patterns and ways of working do not serve business leaders well. The brain can process large amounts of information. It has a real talent for forming patterns and connections. And it loves to answer questions and solve problems.
But it also has a tendency to see what it expects to see, overlook data that contradicts its prevailing view of the world, and have greater confidence in its decision-making abilities than it should. In order to become more effective leaders, we need a much deeper understanding of how our brain works and how it often gets in the way of winning.
Starting with an overview of how the brain processes to get us to our decisions and actions, Using Your Brain to Win explores:
- Why parts of the brain are not well suited for today’s hyper-fast world
- How those parts often lead us to make flawed decisions based on fantasy rather than fact
- How seeing only what we expect to see causes us to miss obvious opportunities and threats to our business
- Which built-in brain filters get in the way of making effective decisions
- How our brains are sometimes out to get us
With this as a baseline, you’ll learn how to:
- Avoid getting blinded by your own data
- Make better, more informed management decisions
- Get and stay clear on winning
- Use your brain to win every day